Three Year Itch
After I've been working on a novel for about 3-4 years, my mind starts pulling away, tingling at the new and thrilling at the what-could-be. New plots spring to mind, new rhythms, new names - the sparks fly again, with the same stirring joy as infatuation, and the same seeping guilt as an affair. Can one actually cheat on their book?
It's silly, but that's kinda how I feel when my mind is set ablaze by an intriguing, sprite-like, alive and breathing muse.
And I look at my own and appreciate her beauties, her wisdom, and her potential, but I'm distracted by the familiarity of her mannerisms and her occasional abuse of my love.
God, I'm such a writer.
It's silly, but that's kinda how I feel when my mind is set ablaze by an intriguing, sprite-like, alive and breathing muse.
And I look at my own and appreciate her beauties, her wisdom, and her potential, but I'm distracted by the familiarity of her mannerisms and her occasional abuse of my love.
God, I'm such a writer.


Comments