Where were you on the night of the 23rd...?

(Also known as "The Dentist Analogy Post")

Isn't progress a wonderful thing? Sometimes, in certain endeavours, it helps to know other people expect things from you. It can make you rise to those expectations. Because when you don't, you know people will ask. "Are you done with your book?" "When will you let me read it?"

If you've made no progress, it's kinda like when you went to the dentist and he told you to floss...

The next time the dreaded teeth-cleaning day arrives, most of us have gone back to our usual tartar-building habits. And, if you're like me, you're embarrassed when the dentist starts poking around in there.  You cringe as s/he whips out the glaring interrogation light and demands to know whether you've been flossing.

Why do you shrink back into your chair like someone charged with homicide? Because you know that nothing has changed. No progress. You still need to floss. And the cycle continues.

BUT. (Now that I'm done with my gross analogy) There IS such thing as progress. And I've the stats to prove it. HUZZAH!

* 47 chapters (of approx. 53) edited

* 96 days to deadline

* Third & final drafts to go

Plus I just had a premise/theme epiphany (and it's actually related to the scene I just posted...fancy that!) Thank you all so much for reading and expecting things from me. More excerpts and updates to come. Enjoy and share!

Comments