Under


Great Scott and holy mother of Mark Twain...

I have less than 75 days to complete The Outcast. Then again, I've always worked better under pressure. I think subconsciously I might have even let a few days slip by on purpose...just to turn up the heat.

Deadlines always make me step up my game. I have to fake myself out, make myself believe I have less time than I do. It's the only cure for procrastination I know. And the vaccine for the wait-until-tomorrow disease can be dangerous in and of itself.

How do you stay on the writing bandwagon? What trickery and guises do you use on yourself to ensure your beloved manuscript will - eventually - see the light of day?

I'd be interested to add a few of your suggestions to my cabinet of "Cures to Good Intentions."


Novel update: Still rewriting the beginning. Basically scrapped the entire opening to start from scratch. Simultaneously thrilling and terrifying.

So, my friends, enjoy the October chill...since it's going to last until March, at least. Cheers!

Comments

Kaeli said…
I'm exactly the same way. I probably could have finished this book in six months, but I've dragged it out, twiddling my thumbs until the deadline is just a little too close for comfort. That's when the rubber starts to meet the road.